Advertisement

how to lighten an unwanted henna tattoo

topic posted Sun, September 10, 2006 - 1:28 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
I have a henna tattoo on my forearm that was just done yesterday. The artist didn't do it the way I really wanted it done - is there any way to speed up the lightening process? Thanks.
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: how to lighten an unwanted henna tattoo

Sun, September 10, 2006 - 3:44 PM
    sit in the pool or hottub. I would NOT recommend using any products right on the skin that you don't normally have that kind of contact with, but highly chlorinated water is great for killing a stain. other than that, when you shower, gently exfoliate with a poof or those bath gloves. don't rub too hard, just normal washing!

Mon, September 11, 2006 - 2:55 PM
      You may also like to try peroxide to lighten up henna
      Flavia

Fri, September 22, 2006 - 7:24 AM
        Hi, I have practiced on my self and then needed "fresh canvas" again so had to try to encourage it to come off quicker. I used a facial scrub from St. Ives. It is the Apricot Scrub one. It is a gentle exfoliator, yet is strong enough to make a difference. The woman who taught me told me to use hand-sanitizer or lotion. I have not tried it. If you do, let us know your results? Maybe an exfoliation followed by a good dab of lotion a few times a day could yield some better results...

Fri, September 22, 2006 - 8:11 AM
    I find that the hot tub works the best ... but anything that will make you exfoliate will work.

Sorry to hear it was not what you wanted... was there a picture for the artist to go by? Was it the placement? Or did the desing not work well with your body part?

Inquiry minds would like to know LOL
    Amy:-)
    • Unsu...

actually, very important first lesson for me...

Sat, September 30, 2006 - 6:19 AM
      He did have a picture to go by. It was a delicate winding vine of lotus flowers? I don't know, cuz lotus flowers grew on stalks in ponds I thought, but anyhow, that's what it looked like. Very Eastern.

What he did wrong was he made all of the lines too thick, and the entire pattern too busy - too many swirling vines, lotus flowers a little too big with respect to the swirling vine areas. They didn't look ridiculous, it's just that because he changed the proportions, the pattern came out looking very Goth - like thorny roses swirling up my arm. Completely different look, just from changing the proportions a little....not at all what I wanted.

Wed, October 4, 2006 - 4:41 PM
    I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this yet... but... get some baby oil, moisten a cotten ball, and gently rub at the henna design. Mineral oil lifts henna stain from the skin.

The more you do it, the more it will fade. But, I would only do it a bit, and then do more later so that you don't irritate your skin too much.

:)

Thu, February 22, 2007 - 2:11 PM
    wow I am waaay late on this topic, but if anyone still needs some info, try washing dishes 0_0 Dishwashing liquid is harsh enough as it is lol This always dramatically quickens the fading process.

Fri, February 23, 2007 - 8:11 PM
      I don't know if it is my particular skin chemistry, but I have found that Huggies brand baby wipes do a fantastic job of removing henna from my skin -- which is great when I am anxious to remove an older design so that I can put a new one on...

Baby wipes are extremely gentle and do not leave your skin dry or over-sensitive as if you were using harsher cleaners or rubbing too harshly.

Good luck and let us know if any of the above worked for you...

Recent topics in "**Henna Artistry**"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
nude senior gays' free meet up Unsubscribed 0 August 16, 2014
#1 Dating Place for Cougars & Cubs! Unsubscribed 0 June 13, 2014
Checking in! Heather 0 May 25, 2014
For People Who Interested In Younger Women Older Men Dating abboe 0 October 23, 2013